How Do You Cure Hangovers?
A Fun Night Out, A Horrid Day In
Drinking alcohol is part of a festive celebration- may it be the birthday of your friend or spending time with family during the holidays. If there is a celebration, then you can bet that there will be some booze present in the affair as well.
Now, although drinking alcohol, per se, is not bad- drinking too much is. If you’ve had too much to drink, chances are that you wake up the next morning with a splitting headache and a very upset stomach.
If you experience such, then you have a hangover. Is there any way for you to cure it? Read on to find out.
A hangover is a condition that is characterized by the presence of headaches, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, and even sensitivity to light after a drinking binge the night before.
Such a condition is caused by drinking excessive amounts of alcohol. Remember, alcohol is sort of a toxin- so it just makes sense that drinking a lot of it will not bode well for your body.
The ethanol that is found in alcoholic drinks may cause hangovers simply due to dehydration. Dehydration can happen simply because you will urinate more when you drink. It is actually dehydration that causes massive headaches.
However, the effects of ethanol not only contribute to dehydration; it can also cause other problems as well. It has been known that Ethanol can also lead to stomach inflammation as well which will prevent the complete digestion of food moving through the gut. Because of this, it will cascade into a series of events that will lead to the overproduction of gastric acid which may cause nausea. Studies have also shown that men who indulge in alcohol a little too much have a 60 to 70 percent chance of experiencing problems in the bedroom such as erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation.
Once the ethanol is processed by the body, the agony doesn’t stop there. It creates a byproduct known as acetaldehyde, which, when built up in the body, may cause other adverse effects as well.
How Can You Cure Hangovers?
To be honest, there is still no known cures for hangovers. Although people can say that some things do provide a cure for hangovers, it is still not well-documented by science.
Still, this isn’t to stop me from giving you some things that you can do to help curb or even provide relief to the symptoms of a hangover. Here are some really useful tips:
- Always Eat Some Food Prior to Drinking- Eating before drinking alcohol may reduce the intoxicating effect of the said substance. It is important that you eat before drinking so that it will instantly mitigate the not-so-favorable effects of alcohol in your system.
- Drink Water in Between Rounds- If you are drinking a pint, you should drink a glass of water after that. If you take in some shots, drink some water after the second one. This is done to help dilute the alcoholic concentration in your body.
- Ibuprofen- Take two ibuprofen tablets before sleeping and again after you wake up to reduce the headaches you experience after waking up.
- Always Rehydrate- Since you’re going to urinate a lot during a drinking session, your body will naturally lose water in the process. That is why drinking plenty of fluids is necessary. If you experience severe dehydration, drinking sports drinks can help.
- Affiliate Marketing(1)
- Business Computing(6)
- Business Tools(6)
- Communications Software(6)
- Men's Supplements(2)
- Mobile App(5)
- Web Design(7)
- Web Development(1)
- Web Hosting(2)